Chicken, Mushroom and Cashew Risotto
- 2 oz butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 9 oz. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 1/3 cups arborio rice
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 5 1/2 cups simmering chicken stock
- 2 3/4 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup cashews, halved
- salt and pepper
- wild arugula, fresh parmesan cheese shavings, and fresh basil leaves, to garnish
Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the chicken and cook, stirring frequently, for an additional 5 minutes. Reduce the heat, add the rice, and mix to coat in butter. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes, or until the grains are translucent. Stir in the turmeric, then add the wine. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute until reduced.
Gradually add the hot stock, a ladleful at a time. Stir constantly and add more liquid as the rice absorbs each addition. Increase the heat to medium so that the liquid bubbles. Cook for 20 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is creamy. About 3 minutes before the end of the cooking time, stir in the mushrooms and cashews. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the arugula leaves on 4 individual serving plates. Remove the risotto from the heat and spoon it over the arugula. Sprinkle over the parmesan shavings and basil leaves and serve.
You'll also love
- Healthified Cashew Chicken and... 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Mojito-Rubbed... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Carrabba's Italian Grill Stuffed... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Piccata with Lemon, Capers... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Congee 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Saucy Mushroom Meatloaf 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon & Tomato Risotto 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Johnny Carino's Copycat Chicken... 3.6/5 (5 Votes)