Ancho Tamarind Pork Stew
Intriguing flavors like tamarind, pineapple and chili are the alluring base of this tasty and exotic pork stew recipe. Alluring aromas will fill your kitchen.
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 dried ancho chili peppers
- 2 Tablespoons Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into stew cubes, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups tamarind nectar
- 1 (6 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 2 Knorr® Chicken flavored Bouillon Cubes
- Cilantro, chopped (Optional, for garnish)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 135mins
Adapted from knorr.com
Pour boiling water over ancho chili pepper; let stand covered 10 minutes. Process pepper with water in blender or mini food processor; set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Spread in deep large skillet and cook 1/2 of the pork over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 4 minutes. Remove pork from skillet and repeat with remaining Spread and pork; set aside.
Stir onion into same skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in cumin and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Stir in ancho purée and cook, stirring occasionally 2 minutes.
Stir in tamarind nectar, pineapple juice, Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cubes and pork. Simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 1 hour.
Partially remove cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until pork is tender, about 1 hour. Garnish, if desired, with chopped cilantro.
You'll also love
- Wild Salmon Cakes 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Rustic Spaghetti Squash Medley 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Bacon and Shrimp Fried Rice 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey and Cornbread Stuffing with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Chinese Roast Pork 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Watermelon Fruit Salad featuring... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Creamy Asparagus Soup from Cook's... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Golden Summer Squash & Corn Soup 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
Review this recipe