Whole Chicken w/ Soup Mix Recipe
By Side Passion
- Whole chicken (4-5 pounds)
- Large onion, cut in wedges
- 4 stalks celery cut in half
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 package Lipton's onion soup dry mix
- 1/2 cup white wine
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 370mins
Remove "inside parts." Fill cavity with onions and celery. Place remaining onions and celery in crock pot. Place chicken on top of veggies, with breasts up. Pour wine over chicken. (I use Sutter Home White Zinfandel because this is what I usually have on hand, but you may prefer a drier white wine.) Spread minced garlic on chicken. Rub dry onion soup package on chicken. Cook 6-8 hours on low.
If you prefer, add more veggies (baby carrots, potatos, etc.).
You can substitute dry onion soup mix with the herbs and seasonings of your choice. Its fun to experiment!
You can also loosen skin with a butter knife and place some seasoning under the skin.
Sometimes I put a little lowfat margerine spread under the skin. If you are concerned about the extra fat, leave it out.
You'll also love
- No Peek Chicken Pot 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan Zip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Creole Over Garlic Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Drunken Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream Chicken over Biscuits 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Shrimp... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe