Tomatillo Beef Tacos
Crock Pot Re3cips
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced
- 1 (14-ounce) can beef broth
- 6 tomatillos, remove papery layer and rinse off
- 1/2 cup cilantro, rinsed and dried
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- taco toppings of your choice: shredded cheese, sour cream, lime, cilantro, tomato, lettuce
- Read more at http://www.allfreeslowcookerrecipes.com/Slow-Cooker-Mexican-Recipes/Tomatillo-Beef-Tacos#9wPz3A20VlOw1sDR.99
Adapted from allfreeslowcookerrecipes.com
Season the roast on all sides with the teaspoon of pepper, kosher salt, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. Rub seasonings into the meat.
Pour can of broth into bottom of KitchenAid® 6-Quart Slow Cooker. Top with the onion slices. Place roast on top of onions.
Cover and cook on LOW for about 8-10 hours, or until roast is fork tender.
Remove roast and shred. Discard the juices and onion and place roast back into the slow cooker. Turn to WARM setting.
Combine tomatillos, cilantro, garlic clove and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt into a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times and then blend until desired consistency.
Pour over the top of the shredded beef. Stir a little. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
Serve beef wrapped in tortillas with desired toppings.
Read more at http://www.allfreeslowcookerrecipes.com/Slow-Cooker-Mexican-Recipes/Tomatillo-Beef-Tacos#9wPz3A20VlOw1sDR.99
You'll also love
- Guacamole with Blue Cheese & Bacon 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Creamy Potato Cheese Soup 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Bunny Nibbles – Carrot Crisps 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Bacon Bourbon Caramel Popcorn 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Pork and Beef Lumpia (Egg Rolls) 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Avocado & Roasted Tomatillo Salsa 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Guacamole with Roasted Tomatillos... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)