- Active time 40 minutes
- Total time 55 minutes plus cooling and chilling
- Makes 12 servings
- 1 Tbsp, water
- Y3 c. plus 4 Tbsp. granulated sugar 2 half-pints raspberries (6 oz. each) 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate,
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine Yo tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. raspberry liqueur 6 Ig. eggs, separated
- 3 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar 1 c. heavy (whipping) cream
- ]I, c. mascarpone cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 18" by 12" jelly-roll pan. Line with parchment paper; grease paper.
2. In medium bowl, stir water and
2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Fold in berries. Let stand while preparing cake. 3. Fill 4-quart saucepan 2 inches deep with water. Heat to simmering. In large heatproof bowl, combine chocolate, butter, salt, and 2 tablespoons liqueur; set bowl over pan, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. 4. In lar.ge mixer bowl, with mixer on medium-high speed, beat egg whites until frothy. Gradually add % cup granulated sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold whites into chocolate, one-third at a time, until incorporated. Spread batter evenly in pan.
5. Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out nearly clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10
minutes. Dust top of cake with
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar; place sheet of waxed paper on top of cake. Set cutting board over cake, then flip board and pan together. Remove pan and peel off parchment. Cool.
6. In large bowl, with mixer on mediumhigh speed, beat cream and mascarpone until soft peaks form. Add 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons 'liqueur. Beat until stiff; spread over cake, leaving Y2-in. border. 7. Starting from 1 long side, roll cake, peeling off paper as you roll. (Cake may crack slightly as you roll it.) Place on platter, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 1 day. (Refrigerate berries if making ahead.) 8. Dust with 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar. Serve with raspberries.
EACH SERVING iiii About 305 calories, 6 9 protein, 26 9 carbohydrate,
22 9 total fat (12 9 saturated). 3 9 fiber. 139 mg cholesterol. 115 mg sodium.