Apricot Nutmeg Bread
Slices of this fruity bread are good for breakfast when toasted and spread with fresh strawberry jam, Nutmeg complements the apricot flavor in this golden soft-textured loaf.
serving size: 1 slice
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select sweet bread cycle. Choose medium crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Just before final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add apricots and nutmeg.