Chicken and Sage over Fettucini and Shiitake Mushrooms and Fruit Salad
- 4 boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts
- 16 slices imported prosciutto
- 16 fresh organic sage leaves
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- organic garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 2 packages organic shiitake mushrooms, stems removed , sliced
- 3 Tbsp. organic butter
- 1 Tbsp. organic dried minced onions
- 1/2 c. organic free range chicken broth
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. organic garlic powder
- 1 organic lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 1 c. frozen organic sweet peas
- 16 oz. box capellini pasta, cook as directed
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Trim chicken breasts of excess fat. Carefully, slice chicken horizontally through the entire breast to create a thin cutlet.
Pound the 8 cutlet until about 1/3 inch thick. Cut in half horizontally.
Place one sage leaf on a chicken cutlet and wrap with prosciutto. Place wrapped chicken on plate. After all the cutlets are wrapped, preheat a large frying pan. Add olive oil.
Add chicken cutlet wraps to pan. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Flip. Cook thoroughly about 3 minutes each side.
Removed cooked chicken. Place on plate and cover with another plate.
Add butter to heated pan and add minced onions. Melt and add shiitake mushrooms. Sauté for 4 minutes.
Bring a pot of water to boil. Add capellini. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes. Drain and rinse.
Next add chicken broth to peas. Bring to a boil. Add chicken wraps back to frying pan. Make sure to add back any juice that has collected on the plate. Coat chicken with sauce.
Serve 2 chicken cutlet wraps with 1/2 cup pasta and fruit salad.
You'll also love
- Peppermint Popcorn crunch 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- STRAWBERRY MARGARITA 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Crunchy Potato Mounds 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Classic Pasta Carbonara 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker VELVEETA® Macaroni... 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Five Star Filet Mignon Stuffed... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Italian Turkey & Orzo Soup 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Shrimp Fettucine Alfredo (Hungry... 4.7/5 (20 Votes)