Strawberry Lemon Trifle
- 4 oz fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup nonfat lemon yogurt
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 pkg (3.4 oz) instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 2 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 TB white grape juice or water
- 1 prepared angel food cake (10 inches)
In mixing bowl beat cream cheese and yogurt. Add milk, pudding mix, and lemon peel; beat until smooth. In a blender, process 1/2 cup strawberries and grape juice until smooth. Tear cake into 1 inch cubes; place a third in a trifle bowl or 3 qt serving bowl. Top with a third of the pudding mixture and half of the remaining strawberries. Drizzle with half of the strawberry sauce. Repeat. Top with remaining cake and pudding mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Yield: 14 servings
Nutrition: 1 serving = 180 calories, 378 mg sodium, 2 mg cholesterol, 39 gm carbohydrate, 6 gm protein, trace fat.