Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Dip
- 6 rashers bacon, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 bottle Corona (or other Mexican-style lager)
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies, drained
•In large saucepan set over medium heat, cook the bacon for 3-5 minutes, or until it’s starting to crisp and has rendered out most of its fat. Add jalapenos, and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp and the jalapenos are softened.
•Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Slowly add the beer, whisking briskly to break up lumps, and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
•Reduce heat to low. Add the cheddar cheese and cream cheese, and simmer for 3-5 minutes longer, stirring constantly, until the dip is thick and smooth and bubbling hot.
•Serve the dip immediately, preferably in a warming crock or small fondue pot to keep it melty and warm.