Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 16 chicken wings - (abt 3 lbs)
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter - (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons Frank's Hot Sauce (or 1 tspn Tabasco sauce)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola (or other blue cheese)
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Celery sticks for serving
Preheat the broiler.
Cut the chicken wings in thirds, cutting between the bones. Discard the wing tips. Melt the butter and add the cayenne, hot sauce, and salt. Put the wings on a sheet pan and brush them with the melted butter. Broil them about 3 inches below the heat for 8 minutes. Turn the wings, brush them again with the butter, and broil for 4 more minutes or until cooked.
For the sauce, place the blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until almost smooth.
Serve the chicken wings hot or at room temperature with the blue cheese dip and celery sticks.
This recipe yields 32 pieces.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (703 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crazy Good Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (383 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)