Tomato Fennel Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds heirloom tomatoes
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Core the tomatoes and cut into wedges. Remove the top of the fennel (save some fronds for garnish) and slice the bulb very thinly crosswise with a knife or on a mandoline.
Toss the tomatoes and fennel in a bowl with the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Garnish with 2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds, season to taste, and serve.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.