The ultimate comfort food, chicken stew with potatoes, tomatoes and corn. A sure fire hit the whole family will enjoy!
- 1 chicken
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 7 cups water
- 4 cups canned tomatoes
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups frozen or canned whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
Cook chicken until done in water. Remove chicken from broth and discard skin. Separate meat from bones and shred meat.
Dip off as much fat from the broth as possible.
Simmer potatoes in 1 cup of broth in covered saucepan until done, do not drain. Mash potatoes slightly, keeping them lumpy.
Add corn, onions, tomatoes, sugar, salt, and pepper to broth. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add potatoes and chicken and simmer slowly with lid off for at least 45 minutes.
Right before serving, stir in butter and let it melt. Best if made a day ahead and reheated to serve. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Strawberry Thumbprints 4.5/5 (56 Votes)
- Mango Mint Ice Cream 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- Farm-Fresh Corn Salad 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- Wild Blueberry and Lemon Meringue... 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Italian Breaded Pork Chops 4.6/5 (48 Votes)
- Sausage Brunch Casserole 4.6/5 (48 Votes)
- Honey BBQ Chicken Wings 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast 4.6/5 (46 Votes)