Pomegranate Vanilla Sangria
- 1 large navel orange, sliced
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1 large pear, chopped
- the arils of 1 pomegranate
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 vanilla beans
- 1 1/2 bottles of red wine (I bought a Spanish red wine)
- 2 cups of sparkling pomegranate soda (bought mine at Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup sugar (possibly more depending on your wine)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Adapted from howsweeteats.com
Add orange slices, apples, pears, cinnamon sticks and pomegranate arils to the bottom of a big pitcher. Pour wine, pomegranate juice/soda, brandy, sugar and vanilla extract over top. Scrape vanilla beans out of their pods and add to the mix. Then throw the entire empty vanilla beans in. Mix with a giant spoon to really combine everything.
Place in the fridge for about 1 hour before serving. Taste to determine if you’d like more sugar, and if so – add it! Spoon some of the fruit into glasses before pouring, then add ice and sangria on top.
Note: If you can’t find the pomegranate soda, I would sub 1 1/2 cups of pomegranate juice + 1/2 cup ginger ale or club soda. Taste before adding your sugar in case it is super sweet.