Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 4 1/4 cups chicken stock or vegetable, homemade or canned
- 2/3 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
Adapted from cookingnook.com
Heat the oil, add the onion and cook until it has just softened but not browned. Stir in the curry powder and cook it for 1 minute. Add the squash and stir well. Add the stock. Bring to a boil and then simmer until the squash is soft, about 20 minutes or so.
Blend the soup with a hand blender or put it into a regular blender in small batches. Blend until you reach the consistency you want. then return it to the pot. Mix the yogurt and chutney together. Stir the mixture into the soup and serve.
You can use zucchini instead of squash.
You can make this soup ahead and just reheat it when needed. If you make it in advance, don't add the yogurt mixture until you reheat it.
Serve a little shredded coconut with this and additional chutney if desired.
You'll also love
- Chicken, Artichoke Heart & Spinach... 4.3/5 (61 Votes)
- Rock Candy Jello Shooters with... 4.4/5 (60 Votes)
- O'Charley's Loaded Potato Soup 3.9/5 (227 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Caramel Monkey Bread 4.6/5 (38 Votes)
Review this recipe