Strawberry and Cream Mini Muffins
- 1 cup strawberries slightly under-ripe, diced into quarter inch pieces
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400. line a 24 cup mini muffin tin with paper baking cups.
2. Put diced strawberries into a bowl, spritz lemon juice on then and stir gently to combine.
3. In a medium size bowl, stir together flour, sugar, and baking powder.
4. In a small bowl, beat together oil, sour cream, vanilla, and egg. Pour mixture over dry ingredients, stirring to combine with a wooden spoon. Fold in strawberries.
5. Divide batter evenly among the paper cups in the mini muffin tin. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
6. Place tin on a wire rack and leave for 5 minutes. Take out the muffins and continue cooling them in the paper cups on the wire rack. Whenn muffins are completely cool, place the powdered sugar in a small sieve. Shake sieve lightly to dust the muffins with sugar. Serve.