Mushroom And Spinach Omelet
- 4 ounces fresh white mushrooms sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine divided
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano leaves crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked spinach
Rinse, pat dry and slice mushrooms (makes about 1 1/4 cups); set aside.
In a medium skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add mushrooms and onion; saute until golden, about 5 minutes; remove from skillet.
In a mixing bowl combine eggs, salt, oregano and pepper. In the skillet used to saute mushrooms, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Pour in egg mixture. Cook over moderate heat letting uncooked egg run under the cooked portion.
When almost set, top with mushroom mixture and spinach. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place skillet under a preheated moderately-hot broiler until top of omelet is set. Turn out onto a plate and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings.