Pepper Jack Corn Muffins
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup(s) yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 can(s) (17-ounces) creamed corn
- 3/4 cup(s) grated pepper jack cheese
Cooking time 30mins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Generously coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Make the batter: In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, salt, and baking soda and set aside. In a small bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, oil, creamed corn, and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Using a fork, stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture.
3. Bake the muffins: Evenly divide batter among the cups of the muffin tin. Top muffins with remaining cheese. Place muffin tin on middle rack of the oven and bake until golden brown -- about 25 minutes. Remove muffins from the tin and cool on a wire rack. Serve warm. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.