Veal Chops with Port Gorgonzola Sauce
- For Marinade:
- 4 veal chops, 3/4" thick, tied to compact meat, bones frenched, trimmings saved
- 1/2 cup Port wine
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup whole fresh rosemary leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- Veal trimmings
- 1/4 cup bacon, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup port wine
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp butter, softened
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Adapted from nickstellino.com
Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl big enough to hold all 4 chops. Add chops to marinade, and add water to almost cover chops. Cover with plastic wrap and marinade overnight.
For the Port Sauce:
Add olive oil to large skillet, heat over medium heat. Add onion, rosemary leaves and a good pinch of kosher salt, saute until onion begins to softened. Add veal trimmings and bacon and brown thoroughly. Add garlic, and combine until fragrant. Add port and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, remove chops from the marinade. Scrape off any solids, and pat chops dry. Drizzle chops with a small amount of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium high. Grill veal chops for 6-8 minutes per side. Rest for 5 minutes.
To finish sauce, remove from heat and strain sauce. Return to pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat and reduce sauce to about 1/2 (your looking for a thicker consistency). When reduced, add cheese and stir to melt into sauce. Remove from heat, add butter and taste for seasoning.
You'll also love
- Spinach & Mushroom Chimichangas 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- German Apple Pancake 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Mozzarella Stuffed... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Chops - Creamy Lemon Thyme 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Jerk Cornish Hen 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Venison Roast 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Veal Scallopini with Brown Butter... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
Review this recipe