Harvest Pear Crisp
Requires Food Processor
Cinnamon-spiced pears bake under a crunchy streusel topping in this easy dessert. Assemble the dish ahead of time, and put it in the oven when guests arrive. Or bake it earlier in the day and serve it at room temperature. Serve with low fat vanilla ice cream.
Serving Size: 8 servings
- 6 cups Anjou or Bartlett pears, cored and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup regular oats
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine pears and lemon juice in a 2-quart baking dish; toss gently to coat. Combine granulated sugar, cornstarch, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; stir with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to pear mixture; toss well to coat.
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place flour, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, brown sugar, and salt in a food processor; pulse 2 times or until combined. Add chilled butter; pulse 6 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add oats and walnuts; pulse 2 times. Sprinkle flour mixture evenly over pear mixture.
Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until pears are tender and topping is golden brown. Cool 20 minutes on a wire rack; serve warm or at room temperature.