Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Yes, there are four cups of zucchini in this recipe. It may seem like a lot, but trust me, it’s just perfect. You can put all of the chocolate chips into the batter, but I like to keep some for sprinkling on top. This also makes great muffins and mini loaves, just be sure to adjust your baking time accordingly.
- 4 cups grated zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, divided
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from letsdishrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 8x4 inch loaf pans, or one 9x5 pan.
In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
In another large bowl, combine sugars, eggs, melted butter and vanilla.
Add the flour mixture to the sugar/butter mixture and stir to combine. Do not over mix.
Fold in grated zucchini and 1 cup of chocolate chips.
Spread batter in prepared loaf pans and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over top
Bake for 40-60 minutes (depending on size) or until an inserted knife comes out clean. If necessary, cover with foil during the last 10-15 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (397 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.5/5 (269 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Veggie Club Sandwich and Zucchini... 4.5/5 (151 Votes)