Panang Mushroom And Beef Curry
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1/8 pounds beef fillet or sirloin steak cut across the grain into 1cm thick slices)
- 1/4 cup panang curry paste
- 1 can coconut cream - (13 1/2 oz)
- 2/3 pound portabello mushrooms thickly sliced
- 1/2 medium red capsicum thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts roughly chopped
- Steamed jasmine rice to serve
Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 ablespoon oil and heat until hot. Add 1/2 the beef and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until evenly browned. Remove to a plate, cover loosely with foil and keep warm. Repeat using the remaining oil and beef.
Add the curry paste to the wok and stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the beef and stir to coat in the curry paste.
Add the coconut cream and mushrooms to the wok. Stir to combine and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the capsicum and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
To serve, spoon the curry into serving bowls and top with the coriander leaves and chopped roasted peanuts. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Variation: Replace the panang curry paste with Thai masaman curry paste.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage,... 4.5/5 (165 Votes)