Cauliflower Mac 'N' Cheese
- 1 head(s) (1 1/2 pounds) cauliflower, core discarded, florets cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 medium (10 ounces) carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) unsalted vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch(s) cayenne (ground red) pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 12 ounce(s) elbow macaroni
- 8 ounce(s) (3 cups) small broccoli florets
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
•Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat 8-quart sauce pot of salted water to boiling on high.
•Add cauliflower and carrots to boiling water. Cook 15 minutes or until very tender.
•Meanwhile, in blender, combine broth, cream cheese, mustard, cayenne, Gruyère, salt, and black pepper. With slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to blender. Purée until very smooth.
•Add pasta to same sauce pot of boiling water. Cook half the time that label directs; adding broccoli during last minute of cooking. Drain; return to pot. Stir in cauliflower sauce and half of tomatoes. Spread in 2 1/2-quart shallow baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses and tomatoes.
•Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown on top and heated through.