Sautéed Salmon With Shiitake Ginger Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 salmon fillets - (abt 6 oz ea)
- 7 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms cleaned, stems
- removed and caps sliced - (abt 2 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh ginger (or 1 tspn dried ginger)
- 2 teaspoons finely-chopped garlic
- 3 ounces snow peas - (abt 1 cup)
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add salmon; cook, turning once until barely cooked through, about 6 minutes; remove and keep warm.
To skillet, add mushrooms, water, teriyaki sauce, ginger and garlic; simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 4 minutes. Add snow peas; cook until barely tender, about 2 minutes.
Serve salmon, topped with shiitake sauce. If desired, serve with steamed rice and garnish with thinly slivered green onion tops.
This recipe yields 4 servings.