Mushroom And Caramelized Onion Brushetta
- AS NEEDED:
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 2 ounces extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 large onions sliced
- 3 ounces oyster mushrooms
- 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 3 ounces crimini mushrooms
- 3 ounces royal trumpet mushrooms
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers
- 2 ounces red wine
- 1 ounce marinara sauce
- Fresh herbs mixture (such as basil, oregano)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Reggiano parmesan grated
Preparing the Brushetta croutons: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice Italian bread on bias into 1-inch slices. Paint the bread with olive oil using a pastry brush. Sprinkle with fresh herbs, season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for about 8 minutes until crisp and golden brown. Can be prepared 24 hours in advance and warmed for service.
Preparing the Mushroom Mixture: In large saute pan, saute onions in extra virgin olive oil until caramelized, stir often (about 20 minutes). Add garlic and saute until translucent. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 to 5 minutes longer. Finish with roasted peppers, red wine and tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Can be prepared 24 hours in advance and warmed for service.
Spoon warm mushroom mixture onto the baked croutons. Garnish with parmesan cheese.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- French Onion Soup 4.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Cheese & Onion Enchiladas with... 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- French Onion Supper Soup 4.4/5 (105 Votes)