- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onions
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms (crimini, portabella, white button etc.)
- 1 1/2 sticks margarine or butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1/4 pound crabmeat (claw)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian bread crumbs
- 24 fresh jumbo mushroom caps
- Grated Parmesan cheese
In a medium saucepan, saute onions and chopped mushrooms in 1/2 stick margarine or butter. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes over low heat. Stir frequently. Add salt, cayenne pepper and garlic. Stir. Add crabmeat. Cover and simmer 12 minutes. Add green onions, parsley and bread crumbs. Mix well.
Fill each mushroom cap with stuffing. Melt remaining 1 stick of margarine or butter and pour into a baking dish. Place mushrooms in margarine or butter. Broil on high 4 minutes. If refrigerated, broil on high 8 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.