Fried Bean Curd With Straw Mushrooms And Snow Peas
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (or water chestnut powder)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 packages fried tofu
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced bamboo shoots
- 4 ounces snow peas strings removed
- 1 dash salt
- 15 ounces canned straw mushrooms* drained, rinsed
* Alternate Mushrooms: Oyster Mushroom, Shiitake
In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch, soy sauce, and sugar with the water and set aside. Cut each piece of tofu into long slices, then cut each slice into bite-sized triangles.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok. Stir-fry the bamboo shoots with a sprinkle of water. Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and stir-fry the peas with a dash of salt until the color changes. Repeat with the mushrooms.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and gently stir-fry the tofu. When the tofu is hot, return all the other ingredients to the wok and stir in the cornstarch mixture. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 side dish servings.
You'll also love
- Fingerling Potatoes Stuffed With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccini Alfredo With Morels 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream Of Shiitake And Broccoli Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chinese Chicken Soup With Snow... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Creamy Mushroom Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rabbit With White Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stir-Fried Lemon Chicken With Snow... 0/5 (0 Votes)