Sweet and Spicy Stir Fry w/Chicken and Broccoli
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch strips
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon chile paste
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 cup chicken stock
1.Place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 5 minutes.
2.Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the chicken, green onions, and garlic until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
3.Stir the hoisin sauce, chile paste, and soy sauce into the skillet; season with ginger, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Stir in the chicken stock and simmer about 2 minutes. Mix in the steamed broccoli until coated with the sauce mixture.