Asparagus And Mushroom Salad
- 1 pound fresh asparagus trimmed, washed
- 1/2 pound mushrooms cleaned, trimmed
- 4 medium radishes halved the long way
- then sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch fresh watercress stems trimmed
- 1/4 pound piece of fresh Parmesan room temperature
Use a sharp knife to cut the asparagus diagonally into thin slices. Transfer to a large bowl. Halve the large mushrooms and slice very thin. Add them with the radishes to the asparagus. Toss gently.
Using a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, the mustard, and the salt. Add the oil in a thin stream, whisking continually until emulsified. Drizzle the dressing over the asparagus salad and toss gently, taking care to avoid breaking the vegetables in pieces. Grind the pepper over the salad.
Spread some watercress on a platter and top it with the asparagus salad. Using a vegetable peeler, shave about half of the Parmesan into curls over the salad.
This recipe yields ?? servings.