Baked Camembert with Pears
A splash of pear brandy plus maple syrup and Spanish almonds put a modern spin on baked Brie.
Fruity, minerally sparkling wine: NV Domaine de Vodanis Vouvray Brut.
- One 8-ounce round of ripe Camembert
- 1 tablespoon pear brandy
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chopped marcona almonds
- 2 Bosc pears, cut into thin wedges
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from food&Wine.com
Preheat the oven to 400°. Put the Camembert in a small baking dish. In a bowl, combine the brandy, maple syrup and salt and pour over the cheese. Bake for about 7 minutes, until the cheese is very soft. Spoon any liquid over the cheese and sprinkle with the almonds. Toss the pears with the lemon juice and serve alongside the cheese.