Fish: Poached Salmon with Avocado Sauce
Chef Eric Milley uses fillets of the same thickness so they'll cook evenly.
- 2 8-ounce skinless salmon fillets (preferably wild), halved crosswise
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 20 fresh tarragon leaves, torn
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 2 cups stringed trimmed sugar snap peas or snow peas
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon (or more) fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups arugula
- 20 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives
- 4 lime wedges
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Season fish with salt and pepper. Place in an 8x8x2" or 9x9x2" metal or glass baking dish. Scatter half of tarragon over fish. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes
Bring broth to a boil in a small pot. Pour over salmon to submerge. Let stand until cooked to medium-rare, 10–15 minutes. Using a spatula, transfer to a plate; chill.
Cook sugar snap peas in a pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer peas to a bowl of ice water. Let cool; drain. Cut larger snap peas in half on a diagonal.
Scoop avocado flesh into a food processor. Add yogurt, 1 Tbsp. lime juice, and cumin; purée. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and additional lime juice, if desired.
Spoon about 1/2 cup avocado purée into the middle of each plate. Mix remaining tarragon, peas, arugula, tomatoes, and shallot in a medium bowl. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. oil; season with lime juice (if desired), salt, and pepper. Toss; divide among plates. Top with salmon and chives; drizzle each fillet with 1/4 tsp. oil. Serve with lime wedges
You'll also love
- Coconut Cream Pudding Recipe 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Seafood Stuffed Colossal Shrimp 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Seafood Chowder (Atlantic Canada) 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Beef and Green Onion Stir Fry [HCG] 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- TGI Friday's Copycat Cilantro Lime... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Corn Meal Crusted Red Snapper 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Salmon Burgers with Wasabi Mayo 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Advocare Salmon in a Bag 4.6/5 (5 Votes)