Salmon in Vodka Sauce
The original recipe calls for using penne pasta, but we substituted campanelle, as you can see in the photo. We also added raw spinach with the shallot. Artichoke hearts would be another good addition, and the salmon can be replaced by shrimp or sausage. The prep time mostly went into preparing the herbs; the rest of this dish is quick and easy.
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 shallot
- 1 15 oz can pureed or crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 uncooked salmon fillets, chopped
- chopped fresh dill - to taste, a good handful
- fresh thyme - to taste, a good handful
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste (don't be bashful)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from italiandish.squarespace.com
Boil pasta in salted water until al dente.
While pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Saute shallot in olive oil in skillet.
Add tomatoes (and spinach/kale if desired) and vodka and cook for 2 minutes.
Add chicken broth and herbs. Add salmon and gently cook for five minutes.
Stir in cream. Add cooked pasta to skillet and coat with sauce. Taste for seasonings, adding salt and pepper as desired.
Serve with grated Parmesan and crusty bread.
You'll also love
- Chocolate raspberry ice cream... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Mexican shrimp fajitas 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Fish and Chip Cakes 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Cod with Asparagus and Mashed... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Egg Stuffed Avocados 4/5 (47 Votes)
- Mostaccioli with Vodka Sauce 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Giada's Vodka Sauce 3.5/5 (15 Votes)
Review this recipe