Mexican shrimp fajitas
- 1 1/4 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pure chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lime, juice of
- 8 -12 flour tortillas or 8 -12 soft corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 green onions, cut into thirds
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1/3 inch strips
- sour cream
- chopped fresh cilantro
- minced red onion
Adapted from food.com
Add shrimp, salt, cumin, chili powder, oregano, garlic, lime juice to a large bowl or heavy duty zip-top plastic bag.
Toss until spices are distributed and shrimp is well coated.
Let marinate for 10 minutes.
Heat oil in a large skillet (cast-iron is best).
Add the green onions and peppers; cook and stir occasionally 2 minutes or until slightly softened.
Add the shrimp and marinade; cook and stir constantly about 3 minutes or until the shrimp are pink.
Spoon shrimp and vegetables into warmed tortillas; garnish with sour cream, cilantro and onion if desired.
Fold up and serve