Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwiches with Cream Cheese Filling
A fluffy and moist carrot cake cookie sandwich filled with a cream cheese center.
- 1 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C quick oats
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 C finely grated carrots
- 3/4 C chopped walnuts or pecans
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + C powdered sugar
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 80mins
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well. Slowly add in dry until just incorporated. Stir in carrots until just incorporated. Fold in walnuts or pecans until just incorporated.
3. Cover the bowl with saran wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll or drop the cookies on a parchment or Silpat lined cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Let cool completely before making sandwiches
4. For the filling - Cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth, then add salt and vanilla and powdered sugar until desired consistency has been reached.
5. To assemble - Turn a cookie wrong side up, spread cream cheese filling, and top with another cookie right side up. Store in the fridge in an air tight container.