CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY MOUSSE CAKE
- Recipe By : MIDWEST LIVING
- Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
- Categories : Cakes Desserts
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- 1 Package devil's food cake mix
- 2 2oz.pkg chocolate mousse mix
- 2/3 cup cold milk
- 1/3 cup raspberry liqueur or milk
- 1 12 oz. jar raspberry fudge sauce or fudge sauce
- fresh raspberries or strawberries
- chocolate curls
Prepare and bake the cake according to package direction, turning the cake batter into two 9 x 1 1/2 inch round cake pans. Split each cooled layer of cake in half horizontally.
Prepare chocolate mousse mixes according to package directions, except use the 2/3 cup cold milk and the 1/3 cup liquer or milk for the liquid.
To assemble the cake, place the bottom layer on a serving plate. Spread a thin layer of fudge sauce (about 1/3 cup) over the cake. Spread about 1/2 cup of the mousse mixture over the bottom layer.
Repeat layering twice the cake, fudge sauce and mousse mixture. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides with remaining mousse mixture. Decorate with fresh berries and chocolate curls.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -