Cajun Shrimp Guacamole
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 1 Tbs. Cajun seasoning
- 1 pound medium (or extra-large!) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 Hass avocados
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbs (or more to your liking) fresh lemon juice
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Melt half the butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high. Add 1/2 Tbs. of the Cajun seasoning to the butter. Stir it all in. Let it bloom and fall in love. Add half the shrimp and sear on one side for 2 minutes. Flip and sear another minute or so. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
Add the remaining butter and Cajun seasoning. Bloom for a second, then add the remaining shrimp. Sear her up, you know the drill. Set shrimp aside.
Half each avocado and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh into a big bowl. Add the red bells, scallion, onions, lemon zest and juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mash it all together with your fork, until it’s smooth, but still good and chunky. Taste it. BIGGIDY.
Add salt and pepper and more lemon juice to your liking.
Serve with the Cajun shrimp!
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 4.5/5 (182 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (140 Votes)