Ham And Garlic Pork Rolls
- WHISKEY BUTTER SAUCE:
- 4 ounces Serrano ham thinly sliced
- 8 pork cutlets pounded thin into
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon Essence (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- Finely-grated Manchego cheese for garnish
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely-chopped shallots
- 1 cup whiskey
- 1 cup cold butter cut into pieces
Lay the ham on top of the pounded cutlets. In a small bowl, combine the garlic and parsley. In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs and water, beating to make an egg wash. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and Essence. In a large saute pan, heat enough oil to come 1/2-inch up the sides of the pan.
Sprinkle the cutlets with the garlic-parsley mixture and roll each one up tightly. Secure with a toothpick. One at a time, dip the cutlets in the egg wash, then in the crumbs to coat. Add in batches to the hot oil and cook, turning, until golden brown on all sides. Remove and drain on paper towels. Lightly season with Essence and sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately with Whiskey Butter Sauce.
For the Whiskey Butter Sauce: In a sauce pan, add garlic, shallots, and whiskey. Carefully place over the flame and cook until reduced by 3/4. Allow the flames to die down. Remove the pan from the heat, and start whisking in the butter, piece by piece. Return the pan to the heat every so often to heat the mixture slightly. Continue until all of the butter is added and the mixture is emulsified.
This recipe yields 4 to 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Halibut Cakes With Homemade Tartar... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Veal Chops, Herb Cheese,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Marinated Fish With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Onion Soup With Shaved... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stick-To-Your-Ribs Lamb, Potato,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheese And Beer Soup With Garlic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Chicken With Garlic And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Spare Ribs With Southwestern... 0/5 (0 Votes)