Buffalo Mashed Potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- dash hot sauce
- salt to taste
1.Place the potatoes in a medium pot and cover with water.
Bring to a boil, then cover the pot and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
(Pierce a potato with a fork; it's ready if it slides off.)
2.Drain the excess water. Keep pot covered.
3.Immediately, heat the heavy cream and butter in a small saucepan until they're hot.
4.Mash the potatoes in the pot with a hand masher.
5.Slowly add the hot cream-butter mixture to the mash.
6.With a rubber spatula, fold in the blue cheese, parsley, pepper, and hot sauce.
Add salt as needed.