Roasted Cherry Tomatoes With Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 pound red cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 pound yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound small green heirloom tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons slivered garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chiffonade fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces whole-milk ricotta salata crumbled
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino
- Additional chopped fresh herbs for garnish
- Hot French or Italian bread as accompaniment
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
In a large, glass baking dish, toss the tomatoes with the oil, garlic, vinegar, salt, red pepper flakes, and pepper. Roast until the tomatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the basil, parsley, and oregano. Stir well.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Toss with the extra-virgin olive oil. Add the tomatoes and pan juices and cook over low heat until hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the ricotta salata cheese and stir until mostly melted, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and transfer to a large serving bowl.
Toss with the pine nuts and Pecorino cheese. Garnish with additional herbs, as desired, and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- ANGEL HAIR,SHRIMP AL ARRABIATA 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi with Angel Hair Pasta 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Red Snapper In A Coconut Curry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lentils With Bulgur Wheat And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Game Hens, With Orzo... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fillet Of Pork With Rosemary-Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Whole Fish Baked In Tomatoes,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni Grill's Balsamic... 0/5 (0 Votes)