Chili Squash Boats
- Chili Stew:
- 2 Cups Favorite Paleo Chili(recipe below)
- 2 medium Yellow Squash
- 1/4 Cup Cheese of choice *optional
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Cubed Beef Stew Meat
- 1 28 ounce Can Tomato Puree or Sauce (one with tomatoes as only ingredient)
- 2 Cups Organic GF Beef Broth or homemade.
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin, or can use 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree for thickening.
- 2 Cups Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Medium Zucchini Squash, chopped
- 1 Medium Onion, Minced
- 6 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- Brown ground beef in a large pan, then add to crock pot, set on high.
- Add: Tomato Puree, Beef Broth, Pumpkin puree, 2 Tbsp Chili powder, 1 Tsp Garlic Powder, and 1 Tbsp Cumin to crock pot and stir.
- Add 1 Tbsp Olive oil to the same pan you browned the beef in, and saute on medium high the: Onion, Minced Garlic, Mushrooms, and Zucchini Squash.
- Saute until veggies have softened.
- Add all of the sauteed veggies to the crock pot.
- In the same saute pan, add 1 Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil and 1 Tbsp Chili powder, and mix together.
- Add Beef stew meat to the pan, and coat meat with the chili- oil mixture in pan.
- Brown the Beef Stew Meat on all sides.
- Add Stew Meat to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, then put on low for 2 to 5 hours.( or can cook on low for 5-8 hours)
- Serving size: 1 Cup Calories: 265.1 Fat: 16 g Carbohydrates: 9.5 g / Net Carbs: 7 g Sugar: 4 g Fiber: 2.5 g Protein: 20.4 g
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from beautyandthefoodie.com
Preheat Oven to 400 F
Cut the Squash in half.
Steam the squash halves for a few minutes or microwave for 60 seconds until just a little soft.
Once cool enough to handle, use a spoon or small ice cream scoop and scoop a small amount of squash out of the center hole.
Fill the squash hole with a ½ cup of chili.
Place Squash halves on a oiled or lined baking sheet.
Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until chili is hot and cheese is melted.
Serving size: 1 boat of 4 boats Calories: 145, Fat: 8 g, Carbohydrates: 6.9 g / Net Carbs: 4.9 g, Sugar: 1 g, Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 11 g,