Amount per serving
Saturated fat: 6.3g
Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil $
- 1 1/2 cups prechopped onion $
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (28-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, cut into cubes $
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk $
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 (1/2-inch-thick) slices French bread
- Cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 ounce shredded Asiago cheese
Cooking time 20mins
1. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook for 1 minute. Add basil and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Stir in cheese until melted. Place mixture in blender, and blend until smooth. Return to pan; stir in milk, salt, and pepper. Return to medium-high; cook 2 minutes.
3. Place bread on baking sheet; lightly coat with spray. Broil 1 minute. Rub garlic over toasted side; turn bread over. Top with Asiago; broil 1 minute.