Pork And Chorizo Burgers With Green Chile Mayonnaise
- GREEN CHILE MAYONNAISE:
- 1/2 pound chorizo outer casings
- removed, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Essence (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 large hamburger buns (or 4 (6") lengths French bread, halved crosswise)
- 1 cup coarsely-grated pepper jack cheese (optional)
- 1 cup good-quality mayonnaise (homemade is best)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 poblano pepper roasted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the grill to medium-high.
Place the chorizo in a food processor and process until finely chopped (sausage should appear crumbly.) Transfer to a large bowl and add the ground pork, garlic, Worcestershire, Essence, salt and cayenne and mix gently but thoroughly, being careful not to overwork the mixture. Form the mixture into 4 (1-inch) thick patties, about 8 ounces each, and place on the grill. Cook to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium. During the last 2 minutes of grilling, toast the buns and sprinkle the cheese over the tops of the burgers, if desired, and cook until melted.
Transfer the burgers to the bottom of the buns and place on plates. Generously top each burger with 2 tablespoons of the Green Chile Mayonnaise and place the tops of the buns over the sauce. Serve immediately.
Green Chile Mayonnaise: In the bowl of a food processor, combine the mayonnaise, garlic, poblano, and lime juice and process until smooth. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. (Makes about 1 1/2 cups)
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- TURKEY CHORIZO STUFFED CHILI... 4.5/5 (71 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Quail, Country Milk... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Soft-Shell Crabs With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Parmesan 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Roasted Halibut With An... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Sausage Breakfast Burritos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled BBQ Pork Chop Sandwich 0/5 (0 Votes)