Garlic Dill Pickle Recipe
- 16 (approximate number, depending on the size) of pickling cucumbers, sliced any way you prefer (coin sized, spears, chunks)
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 4 cups water
- 5 tablespoons pickling salt
- 16 garlic cloves, peeled (2 per jar)
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper – 1/4 teaspoon per jar
- 8 teaspoons dill – 1 teaspoon per jar
- 4 teaspoons black peppercorns -1/2 teaspoon per jar
Adapted from oldworldgardenfarms.com
In a large saucepot, combine vinegar, water and salt. Bring to a simmer.
Arrange jars on counter. Evenly divide each of the spices and place them in the bottom of the jars.
Wash and slice the cucumbers. Pack the slices firmly into the jars, leaving as little space in between them as you can. Pour the brine into the jar, leaving ½ inch headspace.