Wild Mushroom Stuffing For Turkey Roulade
- 1 cup fresh white bread (such as ciabatta) crust removed, and cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 slices apple bacon sliced 1/4" pieces
- 1/2 onion finely chopped (or 3/4 cup finely-chopped onion)
- 1 rib celery rib finely chopped (or 1/4 cup finely-chopped celery)
- 2 garlic cloves minced (or 1 teaspoon minced garlic)
- 5 ounces assorted mushrooms sliced (abt 2 cups) (such as shiitake and oyster)
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
In a small bowl, soak bread cubes in milk.
In a saute pan, saute bacon over medium-high heat until crisp and all fat is rendered. Add onion, celery, and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until mushrooms have released their liquid and are soft, about 4 minutes. Deglaze with Marsala and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
Squeeze excess milk from bread and place bread in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and mix well, breaking up pieces of bread. Add mushroom mixture, chopped thyme and oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe yields 2 cups of stuffing.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (897 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (707 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (679 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (390 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)