Chicken Stroganoff (Weight Watchers)
Makes 4 servings. With 1 cup noodles = 4 points plus program
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- 10 oz. skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" strips
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. nonfat sour cream
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
1. In medium skillet, heat 2 tsp. oil; add chicken. Cook over medimum-high heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
2. In same skillet, heat remaining 2 tsp. oil; add mushrooms and onions. Cook stirring frequently, until all liquid has evaporated and onions are golden brown.
3. In small bowl, with wire whisk, combine broth and flour, blending until flour is dissolved; strain and add to skillet. Stirring constantly, bring liquid to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Stir reserved chicken into broth mixture; simmer 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; stir in sour cream, vinegar, mustard and pepper.