Chicken Pot Pie
This dutch style chicken pot pie is classic comfort food at its finest. A simple one pot wonder of a meal your whole family can enjoy.
- POT PIE DOUGH:
- 8 pound chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 to 5 carrots, chopped
- 4 to 5 celery ribs, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 (46-ounce) cans chicken broth
- Celery seed, to taste
- Sweet curry powder, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Chicken base, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Place chicken in a large pot and cover with water. Boil chicken until cooked. While chicken is cooking make pot pie dough.
Mix flour, baking powder and cut-in butter. Add eggs. Salt and pepper to taste. Add milk by the tablespoonful to make a good dough. Roll out dough and cut into squares. Sprinkle with flour before adding to chicken broth.
Remove chicken and allow to cool slightly. Reserve chicken liquid. Once chicken has cooled, pick chicken apart into large stew/soup size pieces.
In a large stock pot combine the onion, carrot, celery, salt, pepper and butter. Cook until vegetables are tender.
Add reserved chicken liquid, 2 cans of broth and chicken pieces. Bring to a full boil. Add seasonings, bring to a full boil. Taste and adjust seasonings. If liquid doesn't have enough chicken flavor add a little chicken base.
Drop in the dough squares; when doing this carefully place squares in various places in the stock pot. Allow the dough to sink before putting another square in that spot. Boil 8-10 minutes. If not thick enough add additional flour.
You'll also love
- spinach and orzo salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Kabocha Squash... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange Dijon Pork Chops 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Puffs 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Goat... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies,... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled lemon Chicken Breasts 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Skillet Fried Corn 5/5 (1 Votes)