Foie De Veau À La Lyonnaise Veal Liver And Onions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups thinly-sliced onions
- 1 pound veal liver cut 4 (4-oz) pieces
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 1 recipe Potato Gratin (see recipe)
In a sauté pan, over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until wilted, about 2 minutes.
Season both sides of the liver with salt and pepper. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Dredge the liver in the flour, coating completely and shaking off the excess.
In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter. When the butter is hot, add the liver. Cook for 1 minute on each side, remove from the pan and set aside.
To serve, place a serving of the Potato Gratin in the center of each plate. Lay a piece of the liver next to the gratin. Spoon the onions over the liver. Garnish with parsley.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Roasted Garlic Polenta Napoleon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Holiday Turkey With Apple-Pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli And Goat Cheese Quiche 3/5 (1 Votes)
- Southwestern Turkey Gravy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Herb-Roasted Rabbit With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Brennan's Onion Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Veal 0/5 (0 Votes)