Get ready for the best Thanksgiving turkey with this delicious Fried Turkey recipe! Pair it with your favorite holiday beverages and sides!
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid Zatarian's Concentrated Crab and Shrimp Boil (optional)
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle beer
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup Creole Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- FOR THE SEASONING MIX:
- 1 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon freshly-ground black pepper
- TO FRY:
- 2 (8 to 10-pound) turkeys
- 10 gallons peanut oil
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 140mins
To make the marinade: Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process for about 5 minutes. Fill a syringe and inject each turkey in the breast and thigh area, as well as the back, wings, and legs. You will have to fill the syringe several times.
Next, combine the seasoning ingredients and rub the mixture evenly all over each turkey.
Place the turkeys in large plastic bags and secure before icing them down or refrigerating them for 24 hours.
To fry each turkey, fill a large pot three quarters of the way full with the peanut oil and heat the oil to between 350°F and 360°F. Place 1 turkey in the basket insert and carefully and slowly lower it into the hot oil. Turn the turkey every 10 minutes, using long-handled forks. A whole turkey will take 3 to 5 minutes per pound to cook. It is done when the internal temperature reaches 170°F to 180°F on an instant read meat thermometer.
Carefully lift the basket out of the hot oil. This can be done by inserting a broomstick through the handles and having two strong people lift the basket out of the pot.
Using the long-handled forks, transfer the turkey to a large brown paper bag and let stand for about 15 minutes before removing to carve. Repeat the procedure for the second turkey. Carve the turkey and serve with the other traditional side items.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Mac & Cheese 3.8/5 (1557 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.4/5 (750 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4.1/5 (1009 Votes)
- Roasted Turkey Breast Tenderloins 4.1/5 (410 Votes)
- Stuffed Turkey Breast with... 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Polenta Napoleon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Holiday Turkey With Apple-Pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Southwestern Turkey Gravy 0/5 (0 Votes)