Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake
This is a quick and easy recipe for a wonderfully tasty pineapple upside down cake.
- For the Pineapple Cake Top
- 1 8-oz can of pineapple slices
- Maraschino cherries (Optional)
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- For the Cake Batter
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
Pineapple Cake Top
1. Drain the pineapple and reserve the liquid. Cut the slices in half if desired.
2. Melt butter in a small bowl and add brown sugar and 1 Tbsp of the reserved juice, then mix.
3. Spread the brown sugar mixture in the bottom of a 9 x 1/2" round baking dish and arrange the pineapple slices and cherries in the pan.
4. Beat the sugar and shortening together and then beat in the egg and vanilla.
5. Add 2/3 cup of the reserved liquid (If you don't have enough liquid add water to the remaining liquid until you get 2/3 of a cup)and mix.
6. Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
7. Spread in the pan over pineapples and bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
8. Cool for 5-10 minutes
9. Invert onto a plate.
You'll also love
- PISTACHIO SMOKED SALMON SPREAD 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crunchy Oven-Fried Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salad: Grilled Peach with Balsamic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Herb Roasted Baby Boomer Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fruit Salad with Strawberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mini Apple Pies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Delight Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE BRULEE 0/5 (0 Votes)