Apple Chutney Low Glycemic Sugar Free
- 1 lb Cooking apples
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 lb Onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 3/4 cup Golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dry mustard
- 1 1/2 cup Stevia powder
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 2-1/2 cup Malt or Apple Cider vinegar
Peel, core and coarsely chop apples. Put apples, onions, Garlic and raisins into a saucepan. Add salt, stevia powder or a 1/8 teaspoon of stevia powder, vinegar and spices and mix well.
Heat gently, stirring to dissolve the stevia or a 1/8 teaspoon of stevia powder. Bring to a boil and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in tomato paste and continue cooking 7-8 minutes longer or until mixture is of a thick consistency with very little free liquid, stirring frequently.
Meanwhile, wash 3 pint jars in Hot soapy water; rinse. Keep Hot until needed. Prepare lids as manufacturer directs. Ladle chutney into 1 Hot jar at a time, leaving 1/4" head space. Release trapped air. Wipe rim of jar with a clean damp cloth. Attach lid and place in canner. Fill and close remaining jars. Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water bath. Makes about 3 pint jars.
NOTE: This chutney improves if stored at least 3 weeks before serving.
Total Calories: 763.04
You'll also love
- Ben & Jerry's Plum Ice Cream 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grape Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Delight Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chai-Brined Pork Tenderloin with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seared Spiced Duck Breasts With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe