Almost-Famous Strawberry Lemonade
- Zest of lemon, in wide strips
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 chopped hulled strawberries
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice (from about 10 large lemons)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. Make the lemon syrup: Bring the lemon zest, 1 and 1/2 cups sugar and 1 and 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring, until the sugar dissolves; let cool to room temperature.
2. Meanwhile, make the strawberry syrup: Toss the strawberries and the remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl and let sit at room temperature until the sugar dissolves, about 45 minutes. Strain the strawberry mixture; reserve the strawberry syrup and berries separately.
3. Make the lemonade: Combine the lemon juice, lemon syrup, salt and 2 cups cold water in a pitcher. For each drink, put about 1 tbsp. of the strawberry syrup in a tall glass. Fill with ice, then top with the lemonade and some of the reserved strawberries.
You'll also love
- PISTACHIO SMOKED SALMON SPREAD 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crunchy Oven-Fried Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salad: Grilled Peach with Balsamic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Herb Roasted Baby Boomer Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Cranberry Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Uncle Bubba's Key Lime Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Parsley Butter Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Lemon-Pesto Chicken Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)